Loans from €1,000 to €125,000
No connection between what you can borrow and how much you have saved.
Once you join you can apply for a loan
At First South Credit Union we pride ourselves on putting our members first. That is why we have some of the most competitive loan options on the market. We offer a variety of loan options to suit the needs of our members, there are many great advantages to borrowing from First South.
Advantages of Borrowing from Your Credit Union
When you receive a loan from us you will find many advantages in comparison to other institutions:
- Interest will be payable on the reducing balance of the loan
- No Early Redemption Penalties
- Your loan application will be dealt with strictly on its own merits
- Your repayments will be tailored to meet your own personal circumstances
- Your loan will be insured at no direct cost to yourself (Subject to terms and conditions. Certain limits apply)
- No hidden fees or charges
The repayment schedule can be adjusted to meet your own changing circumstances if necessary.
Interest on Loans
“Truth in Lending”, with no hidden costs is the policy of the Credit Union movement.
We do not charge fees or transaction costs.
Our Credit Union does not penalise borrowers for repaying loans in a shorter time than planned. This facilitates Members to take greater control of their own finances.
Planning and Managing
Our Credit Union is flexible regarding repayment plans, although there are some legal limitations to length and amount of loans.
The member will be advised on the best repayment plan to meet their own circumstances. Members are generally advised to repay a loan in as short a time as possible.
Should a member experience difficulties in meeting repayment commitments he/she should immediately contact the Credit Union. All issues of this nature will be treated sympathetically and in confidence.
How to Apply for a Loan
There are a number of ways to apply for a Loan:
- Apply Online (registered CU Online Members).
- Apply over the telephone.
- You can call to any of our four offices and make a Loan Application.