Email scam targeting Credit Union members
We been informed that there’s currently a phishing scam targeting Credit Union members throughout the country. Members who have been targeted receive an email from an address such as firstname.lastname@example.org or similar. The email will inform the recipient of a file named “Payment Confirmation” that’s been transferred to them through a site called WeTransfer, by what appears to be their Credit Union. The recipient will be encouraged to click to download the files.
These emails are FAKE. First South Credit Union will never send such an email. This scam is designed to collect members’ personal details with a view to gaining access to personal financial accounts.
If you receive such an email, we would ask that you take the following steps:
– Do Not click on the link in the email, or enter any information.
– Do Not use the email ‘reply’ function, from within the received email.
– Delete any such email you receive.
– Never open attachments to an email unless you are satisfied the emails are genuine.
– If you have clicked on the link and entered your details, please contact First South Credit Union immediately on 021-4965134
Always exercise caution when opening emails appearing to come from your Credit Union. First South Credit Union will never send emails looking for you to confirm personal, account of log-in details.